Thursday, May 24, 2018

It's A Hard Habit, To Kick: Kicking Habit - Far Cry 5 Part 2

Not much to say about this episode... I'm sure there would be if I made this blog right after I recorded and edited the video like I do most videos. But this Summer is a bit different, so I'm actually writing this blog like, I don't know, a month or two after recording and a month after editing. I suppose that's something to talk about... but I guess I just did.

Another thing to talk about, I guess, is that I just learned today exactly how much I consider what's done is in the past. Ya see, in everything I make, I consider it to be not a part of the living channel, but a part of the history of the channel. In other words, what I edit and upload today is the living channel, and the videos I've already uploaded and their blog posts are history. I'm hoping to keep it this way so one day we all look back and see, "Oh, that's interesting", or, "Oh, so that's how he/I did it back then", or, "Man, I wish the phrasing on this was different, but I guess that's just how I thought back then." For this reason, if I find an error, correction, or addition that could be fixed or added in past blog posts, I don't add it because it wasn't part of the original post.

My thinking process and style change all the time, it's very fluid. So one day in a few years, just come back to these posts and reflect on how different they are. Same person, probably never going to change, but also going to change in almost every way. It's crazy to think about, and crazy to see, I would know. I live with myself, so I've seen it the most. I change so much, yet not at all.

Anyways, the thing I noticed today was exactly how far I take that. I was looking through the video for today to find a good thumbnail, and when I got to the end, in the outro, I started watching the outro to practice my pi recitation skills, but then stopped. For some reason, it felt like I was violating past-me's... something by listening to it in the editor. I don't know, it's weird to think about. I was somehow violating my own thoughts by simply watching the end of a video. I mean, if I really wanted to I could've gone on, but for some reason it just felt wrong, and I don't know why.

Anyways, that's enough of my weird, quirky self for today. Here's the video, as usual, for you to enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment